Master of Education (Pakistan)
Not offered in 2014
Minimum duration: 1 year full-time or equivalent part-time.
Course available at: Notre Dame Institute of Education (NDIE), Karachi, Pakistan
EFTSL value of units: All 10 cp units in this course have an EFTSL value of 0.125. Units with a cp value of a multiple of 10 have corresponding EFTSL values.
1. Admission Requirements
An applicant must also comply with the Admission Rules.
Religious belief is not a criterion for entry. To gain entry to the course a person must apply for admission and be offered a place in the course.
To be eligible for admission to the course, an applicant must have completed the following prerequisites:
- a four year Bachelor of Education from a recognised university in Pakistan or another internationally accredited university with a minimum GPA of 2.5 or 60 per cent pass;
- the International Graduate Certificate in Education from Australian Catholic University (ACU), with a credit average minimum;
- a post-Year 12 undergraduate degree such as a Bachelor of Arts, Science, Applied Science, Commerce, with a minimum B Grade from an approved university in Pakistan or elsewhere.
In addition to one of the above, all candidates are required to have:
- successfully completed the Master of Education Preliminary Course from NDIE, Karachi;
- a high degree of proficiency in all aspects of English;
- a minimum of two years’ full-time teaching experience plus one year internship as part of the MEd Preliminary program;
- the academic capacity to undertake the course and a suitability for the teaching profession.
2. Requirements for Completion of the Degree
To qualify for the degree, a student must complete 80 cp from the Schedule of Unit Offerings.
Schedule of Unit Offerings
Prerequisite (Pre), co-requisite (Co) and incompatible (Inc) units are indicated in parentheses where applicable.
|Unit Code||Credit Points||Unit Name|
|EDFD601||10||Curriculum Planning and Development (specialist unit)|
|EDLE622||10||Theory and Practice of Educational Administration and Leadership (elective unit)|
|EDFD624||10||Perspectives and Issues in Education (core unit)|
|EDFD625||10||Psychology and Education: Teaching and Learning Issues (core unit)|
|EDFD626||10||Educational Research Methodologies (specialist unit)|
|EDFD627||10||Research Project (specialist unit)|
|EDFD628||10||Educational Planning for Change and Development (specialist unit)|
|EDFX600||10||Graduate Professional Experience (specialist unit)|